17 Jan Recruitment: Junior eLearning Instructional Designer
About The Learning Rooms
The Learning Rooms is a digital learning services company that designs, develops and delivers technology-based training solutions to help organisations and their people improve their performance. We develop highly effective eLearning and performance support solutions to deliver valuable skills and awareness training through meaningful, engaging, and motivating learning experiences. Our team of learning specialists and multimedia designers provide innovative learning solutions to suit the unique needs of both the client and learner.
The Learning Rooms is a trading name of SHRC Limited. SHRC are a team of learning and HR professionals passionate about making a real difference and dedicated to creating better workplaces. We understand that all organisations are unique and will have their own specific set of challenges. We respond to clients needs by delivering a creative and collaborative, solution focused approach to projects. From working with individuals right up to the whole organisation, SHRC’s world-class eLearning, training and HR solutions make a real difference.
About the Job
As a result of increasing demand for our services we wish to recruit a talented and enthusiastic Junior eLearning Instructional Designer to develop creative solutions for a range of online educational projects. The successful applicant will be responsible for the design of quality eLearning courses and materials utilising a range of development technologies. This is a content writing, storyboarding and instructional design role and requires strong communication, visualisation and writing skills. The successful applicant will work with subject matter experts to write instructional materials that facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and engaging manner. The successful candidate will work alongside the visual design team to ensure the content is developed in line with the storyboards.
- Write engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience training needs
- State learning objectives and create content to deliver these
- Visualise instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Identify the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessments
- Evaluate the effectiveness of courses and materials.
- Experience in instructional design
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Third level qualification in instructional design, educational technology or similar.
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18
We offer a competitive salary, in a flexible working environment with pension contribution after one year of service. This challenging role offers opportunities for development and experience in working with blue chip clients.
To apply for this role, please send samples of your work and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.