Role of the Manager
Short online CPD course
This interactive online course is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge to be an effective manager. It introduces participants to the POLC model of management and focuses on the manager’s role in planning, organising, leading and controlling. The course explores the processes and approaches a manager can take to ensure their team is successful.
Learn at your own pace on computer or iPad
24/7 access to learning materials
PDF certificate of completion available
High quality learning materials
Exercises & quizzes
Only €30 per person
In order to help prevent future conflict you might like to consider improving your skills to help build your own personal resilience in that of your team.
This course is for managers who are looking to improve their management skills. It is particularly valuable to people who have been promoted recently or are considering going for promotion to a position that will require them to manage individuals or teams.
The Role of the Manager is also available for organisations to host on their existing learning management system (LMS). Our flexible pricing structure makes it suitable for both large and small organisations. It is also available as part of our Off-the-shelf eLearning course catalogue.
• Types and benefits of planning
• Organising at the organisational and individual job level
• Benefits of a well-designed organisation
• Organisational policies and procedures
• Management styles
• Communication methods
• Establishing performance standards
• Evaluating performance
• Taking corrective action
• Recognise the different types of management planning and the benefits of each.
• Explain the role of organising at organisational level and individual job level.
• Recognise the difference between pulling and pushing as a leadership style, as well as the different ways of communicating and motivating staff.
• Identify the three steps of controlling.
Book your place