18 Apr Recruitment: eLearning Content Writer
Instructional Design for Engaging Digital Learning
About The Learning Rooms
The Learning Rooms is a digital learning services company that designs, develops and delivers technology-based training solutions to help organisations and their people improve their performance. We develop highly effective eLearning and performance support solutions to deliver valuable skills and awareness training through meaningful, engaging, and motivating learning experiences. Our team of learning specialists and multimedia designers provide innovative learning solutions to suit the unique needs of both the client and learner. Check out thelearningrooms.com for information about our services.
Do you thrive when designing innovative learning solutions? Are you looking for an exciting role in writing digital learning? The Learning Rooms are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic eLearning Content Writer to develop creative solutions for a growing range of online learning projects.
Can you quickly and effectively understand the needs of learners and turn an idea into a creative, engaging, learner-centered experience? Have you a flair for storytelling and writing? The successful applicant will be responsible for designing quality eLearning courses and materials for delivery over a range of development technologies. This is a content writing, storyboarding and instructional design role and requires strong communication, visualisation and writing skills. The successful applicant will work as part of the instructional design team write digital learning materials that facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and engaging manner. The successful candidate will work alongside the visual and multimedia design team to ensure the content is developed in line with client requirements and storyboards.
Do you like to keep up to speed with the latest developments in L&D, digital learning and learning technology? If yes, this is the role for you.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing learning objectives, writing content to deliver these and creating assessments to measure achievement
- Writing engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Finding innovative designs for exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Creating supporting materials, resources and on-the-job guides
- Evaluating the effectiveness of courses and materials.
To be considered for interview you should have:
- 2 years experience in learning content creation
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Visual design skills and ability to storyboard educational content
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Third level qualification.
- Be a creative person
- Be innovative
- Be curious
- Like ginger biscuits
- Love learning.
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension contribution after one year of service
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Travel Tax saver schemes
- Bike to Work scheme
- Discretionary bonus.
This challenging role offers opportunities for development and the opportunity to work with blue chip clients on innovative digital learning projects.
To apply for this role, please send a portfolio of your work and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org or call John on 0851589785.