18 Feb Recruitment: eLearning Developer
About The Learning Rooms
The Learning Rooms is a digital learning services company that designs, develops and delivers technology-based training solutions to help organisations and their people improve their performance. We develop highly effective eLearning and performance support solutions to deliver valuable skills and awareness training through meaningful, engaging, and motivating learning experiences. Our team of learning specialists and multimedia designers provide innovative learning solutions to suit the unique needs of both the client and learner. Check out thelearningrooms.com for information about our services.
We’re looking for an eLearning Developer to build creative and engaging, multimedia rich, digital learning experiences for our growing range of clients. The main focus of this role is to build high quality courses using a range of eLearning development tools. These courses will be created in line with instructional design storyboards. They will meet client requirements and branding guidelines and will align with our internal development standards, international standards and client specific standards. You will play a pivotal part in The Learning Rooms’ future and growth. You will help come up with new and innovative ideas as well as rethinking and refining existing approaches to developing digital content. You will be given the opportunity to apply problem solving skills throughout all stages of the eLearning development process. This is an excellent opportunity for an eLearning Developer to grow and develop their career building Ireland’s most progressive, engaging and high end digital learning experiences.
- Work with the instructional design and eLearning development teams to bring new and innovative ideas to help solve complex learning problems.
- Build interactive learning products using a range of software including Articulate Storyline based on storyboards from the Instructional Design team.
- Develop advanced templates for interactive learning.
- Develop gamified content for learning.
- Develop scenario based and interactive video learning.
- Assist in the planning, setup and recording of video content.
- Video editing and post production.
This role requires strong information design skills, as well as the technical ability to develop interactive multimedia materials.
To be considered for interview you should have:
- 2+ years experience developing digital learning courses and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience in the design and building of interactive multimedia for learning.
- Proficient in using eLearning development packages, specifically the Articulate 360 suite.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to design creative learner focused solutions.
- Understanding of accessibility and how to build content that meets accessibility requirements and Universal Design principles.
- Portfolio of eLearning design/development work.
- Working knowledge of any of the following: audio/video editing, animation tools, HTML5.
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress.
- Familiarity with learning management systems such as Moodle.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Attention to detail and a desire to create quality products.
- Passion for creating world class interactive learning.
- A keen interest in learning technologies.
- Effective virtual team working skills.
- Be a creative person
- Be innovative
- Be curious
- Like ginger biscuits
- Love learning
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employer pension contribution after one year of service
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Travel Tax Saver schemes
- Bike to Work scheme
- Discretionary bonus
This challenging role offers opportunities for development and the opportunity to work with blue chip clients on innovative digital learning projects.
The Learning Rooms is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role, please send a portfolio of your work and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org or call John on 01 2974070.