10 Nov Recruitment: Instructional Designer
Instructional Design for Engaging eLearning
About The Learning Rooms
The Learning Rooms is a digital learning services company that designs, develops and delivers technology-based training solutions to help organisations and their people improve their performance. We develop highly effective eLearning and performance support solutions to deliver valuable skills and awareness training through meaningful, engaging, and motivating learning experiences. Our team of learning specialists and multimedia designers provide innovative learning solutions to suit the unique needs of both the client and learner. Check out thelearningrooms.com for information about our services.
Do you thrive when designing innovative learning solutions? Are you looking for an exciting role that allows you to apply your instructional design skills to new ways of delivering digital learning?
The Learning Rooms are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic Digital Learning Experience Designer to develop creative solutions for a growing range of online learning projects.
Can you quickly and effectively understand the needs of learners and turn an idea into a creative, engaging, learner-centered experience? Have you a flair for storytelling and writing? The successful applicant will be responsible for writing quality eLearning courses and materials for delivery over a range of development technologies. This is a content writing, storyboarding and instructional design role and requires strong communication, visualisation and writing skills. The successful applicant will work with subject matter experts to write instructional materials that facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and engaging manner. The successful candidate will also work alongside the visual and multimedia design team to ensure the content is developed in line with client requirements and storyboards.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience training needs.
- Developing learning objectives, writing content to deliver these and creating assessments to measure achievement.
- Conducting instructional research and analysis on learners.
- Writing engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and enables transfer of skills to the workplace (simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Championing instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Finding innovative designs for exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Creating supporting materials, resources and on-the-job guides.
- Revolutionising the way we assess learner performance.
- Work alongside the multimedia development team to ensure projects are built in accordance with the storyboard.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of courses and materials.
To be considered for interview you should have:
- Experience in instructional design for digital learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in L&D, eLearning or relevant field.
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills.
- Solid knowledge of at least one eLearning development software and Learning Management System.
- Understanding of accessibility and how to storyboard content that meets accessibility requirements.
- Visual design skills and ability to storyboard educational content.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail and a desire to create quality products.
- Passionate about creating world class interactive learning.
- A portfolio that showcases your exceptional eLearning design capabilities.
- Be a creative person
- Be innovative
- Be curious
- Like ginger biscuits
- Love learning
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employer pension contribution after one year of service
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Travel Tax Saver schemes
- Bike to Work scheme
- Discretionary bonus
This challenging role offers opportunities for development and the opportunity to work with blue chip clients on innovative digital learning projects.
The Learning Rooms is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role, please send a portfolio of your work and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org or call John on 01 2974070.