12 Nov eLearning Unlocked: Organisations Doing It For Themselves
The Learning Rooms presented two posters at the 28th ICDE World Conference on Online Learning (WCOL) in the Convention Centre, Dublin, 3-7 November 2019.
- Title: eLearning Unlocked: Organisations Doing It For Themselves
- Presenting author: Ryan McInnes
- Submitted as: Digital Poster
- Theme: New Business Models for Changing Times
This poster presents an innovative approach to the design and development of in-company eLearning.
Organisations lacking expertise in delivering digital learning resources can struggle to produce high quality, consistent eLearning that is cost effective and time efficient.
The Getting Started with eLearning package empowers organisations to write, build and deliver professional, interactive and engaging digital courses. The customisable package includes Instructional Design and Articulate Storyline workshops, branded Storyline templates including 150 custom slides and ongoing support. Storyline authoring times are reduced by up to 75%.
In changing times, this robust solution allows organisations to kick start their digital content journey.
Download eLearning Unlocked: Organisations Doing It For Themselves poster as PDF.
eLearning Unlocked: Organisations Doing It For Themselves
“92% of learning professionals identified digital content creation as a required skill, but today only a third have the skill despite 45% delivering content created in-house.” Towards Maturity, 2019, p. 30
Staff within organisations and students within academic institutions have an expectation that learning content is made accessible online where appropriate. This content should be high quality, consistent with the production values of other media consumed over the internet and delivered in a manner that is conducive to learning. The Learning Rooms developed a Getting Started with eLearning package that enables organisations to write, build and deliver professional, interactive and engaging digital learning materials. Our process promotes the increased use of interaction and question-based learning. It also enables individuals without multimedia design and development expertise to develop professional interactive learning content.
Who needs what?
- Access to high quality learning content
- Engaging learning experiences
- Consistent standard across all learning
- Accessible content
- To upskill their workforce
- To maintain control of their learning content
- To produce a high volume of materials economically
- To reduce reliance on external agencies
Learning professionals need:
- A robust process to follow
- To know what is possible
- The ability to create advanced interactions
- A time efficient way to develop high quality content
“Need to develop a consistent, seamless and coherent digital experience for students.” National Forum, 2015, p. 25
The Getting Started with eLearning package is tailored to each organisation’s specific needs:
- Instructional Design workshops
- Tailored to each organisation’s content
- Delivered to trainers/SMEs/learning technologists
- Articulate Storyline workshops
- Tailored to each organisation’s content
- Delivered to technical staff
- Articulate Storyline templates
- 150 slide types
- Fully designed to organisation’s brand
- Style guides
- Documented approach
- Content style guide
- Ongoing support
- Mentoring and support
“85% of talent developers say they use internally created content to train employees.” LinkedIn Learning, 2019, p. 14
- Simplified design and development process
- SMEs able to focus on content
- Increased use of interaction
- Consistent look and feel
- Consistent learning standards
- Professionally designed layouts
- Tested and approved functionality
- Content meets accessibility requirements
- Storyline authoring times are reduced by up to 75%
- Self-sufficiency in digital learning
- National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. (2015). The Roadmap for Enhancement in a Digital World 2015-2017. Retrieved from https://www.teachingandlearning.ie/publication/teaching-and-learning-in-irish-higher-education-a-roadmap-for-enhancement-in-a-digital-world-2015-2017/.
- Towards Maturity. (2019). The Transformation Journey, Todays learning strategy for tomorrow’s business success. Retrieved from https://towardsmaturity.org
- LinkedIn Learning. (2019). 2019 Workplace Learning Report. Retrieved from https://learning.linkedin.com/content/dam/me/business/en-us/amp/learning-solutions/images/workplace-learning-report-2019/pdf/workplace-learning-report-2019.pdf
- Images: The Learning Rooms. (2019). Stills from The Learning Rooms Articulate Storyline templates [Image].
Thanks to The Learning Rooms team for their input and support in the planning and preparation of this poster. Thanks also to our clients for their cooperation and feedback.